Friday, February 13, 2009

Blackberry Storm

I've had a cell phone for years (of course), but didn't use it for much more than calling. No texting, no data plan...nothing. That all changed about eight months ago when I purchased my first Blackberry. It was a Blackberry Curve 8330 and before long I had installed so much freeware that it became a bit bogged down.  It was time to move on to a new device.

My dilemma was that I wasn't sure if I wanted a Blackberry Storm or if I wanted an iPhone.  Obviously, I had heard good things about the iPhone, but after a few short months, I had become a Blackberry zealot.  In the end, it came down to a decision based on provider.  Ultimately, I decided to stick with Verizon (for reasons I won't go into) and as such, the Storm was the easier choice.

I had read some pretty bad reviews for the Storm right out of the gate, so I was skeptical.  However, I knew that a new OS had leaked (4.7.0.99) that week and I was in a gambling mood.  After trying several stores, I finally scored my device.  Within an hour, I was home installing the new (leaked) OS.  Everything worked like a charm.  
I must say; I love this device.  It performs well, has a beautiful display (with plenty of real-estate) and great touch screen (including tactile feedback).  I literally have no complaints thus far.  Stay tuned for a list of my favorite Blackberry applications.

No comments: