Thursday, January 1, 2009

I'm feeling Ubiquitous

So...I've been an IT geek for years now...at least in trade. However, I've always felt a bit 'out of touch' as I was not classically trained (whatever that means). That said, I'm re-embracing technology. My first stop in this re-immersion effort is on a nifty Firefox add-on called Ubiquity. It is a command interface within the browser in the vein of Launchy. I'm already seeing the potential for this tool and am excited to learn more. The downside is that it is forcing me to brush off some seriously rusty JavaScript skills. I'm realizing quickly that I'm going to need a decent editor before I go much farther. Below is proof of my first effort (from the command authoring tutorial)...by simply typing map-me in the Ubiquity toolbar, I can generate a map of my present (albeit approximate) location.

No comments: